1.
I think I have several different qualities that make me unique, but it's kind of difficult to think of just what exactly those may be, but I'll do my best to list them.
I feel that the first thing that makes me different is my perception. I think that I am very perceptive of my environment and my surroundings, and I'm always paying attention to details and the little things to a greater degree than most others do.
The second is that I'm personable, and I truly make an effort to get to know the people around me and learn more about them, because I find that I become happier and more productive in my everyday life when I can actually hold conversations with the people I know, whether it be at work, at home, or at school.
The third would be my desire to learn more about the world around me. I am constantly seeking out new experiences and information to learn about the world I live in, ranging from learning more about history and art, to trying new foods and traveling the world.
The fourth would be my ability to reason, respect, and empathize with others. I think that this is a trait that many people could work on, and I make a conscious effort every day to treat others the way I want to be treated. Sometimes I slip up, but this is something that I truly care about applying in my every day life.
The fifth that I'd like to talk about is my ability to learn from my mistakes and my desire for self-improvement. I make mistakes, and I make them often, but I'm always trying to improve myself by learning from them and applying these lessons in future situations.
2.
The first person I interviewed was my best friend, Hunter. He stated that the things that make me different are that he considers me a smart guy with a really wide-range of interests. He highlighted that I'm interested in many of the same things as him, and that we were good friends because of it.
The second was my mother. Her response was that I have a unique sense of humor, and that I'm always doing my best to better myself every day, and that I constantly do my best to be a good person.
The third was my father. He told me that I've always had a desire to learn more about the world, and that I'm a good problem-solver, especially when it comes to conflicts between people.
The fourth was my sister. My sister told me that what makes me different is that my interests and tastes in things such as music and pop culture are very different from what people might expect.
The final person was another one of my friends, Corey. He said that what makes me different is my attitude, and that I'm always the one to lighten the mood when we hang out, and that I'm a good listener when he has a problem that he wants to talk about with me.
3.
I think that the differences between what people said about me and what I thought of myself, at least in terms of strengths or what makes me different, were relatively similar. Although I talked more about my interests in Part 1, many of those I talked to discussed how I impact those around me. I think that the only thing I would change from the first part would be to add a section about how others perceived my impact on them personally, and summarize that into a cohesive statement that I could add to the list.
Based on the feedback you received from those close to you it seems you are a person they can depend on to help them feel better or to help when they are in conflict. It is good you can learn from your mistakes. Coupled with your personality in dealing with others, I can see how this would make you someone want to talk to if they are working out challenges. Since you have a wide range of interests, you can likely transition these skills into strengths in anything you pursue.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you are very aware of your surroundings which is a great quality that differs greatly from me. Though I do perceive things differently from most people as well, I am a largely oblivious person. You sound very connected to other people as well and look to solve problems which is a great quality to possess! Nice job!
ReplyDeleteI really like how you outlined this and I think it was smart to have the people reflect on what you felt was the human capital. Great job explaining it and what the people you interviewed had to say. However there isn’t a link to the interviews. It needs to be posted and is part of the grade for this assignment.
ReplyDeleteThe people you interviewed seemed to have the same thing to say, just in different words. It sounds like the people closest to you view as a person who can light up a room with your personality. I feel like that's a strong quality to have. That kind of charisma can help you build strong, trusting relationships with other people. Well done and awesome job organizing the post, it was very easy to read.
ReplyDeleteHi Connor,
ReplyDeleteWell done organizing this post and getting your interviews done. However, I do not see any links to the audio/video, which is required to receive credit for this assignment. Hopefully you can still add them. Well done figuring out your secret sauce and interviewing those closest to you to help confirm your findings. Having an attention to detail is a great quality to have and one that will set you apart in any job!