Monday, July 11, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 2

The book I decided to read for the second assignment was "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big" by Scott Adams.

1. The general idea/theme of the book was that it was a compilation of life tips and pragmatic lessons learned by the author, Scott Adams, throughout his career.

2. The book actually related to the class in a lot of ways, but mainly because being a successful entrepreneur in today's world requires many different abilities and skills that not everyone would think of, especially at first. The tips and lessons within the book address of lot of the necessary elements of what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, and I found them especially helpful since I'm in this class.

3. Write down the top 5 things that you think matter most in becoming successful, and why. Next, list the top 5 biggest things you think matter most in hindering success, and why. I think this exercise will help students learn more about what it takes to actually be a successful entrepreneur, and correct any misconceptions they may have.

4. The biggest thing that surprised me was that the book suggested that it was more beneficial to society when one is selfish, versus being "stupid" or "a burden." While I understand the point the book is making, I didn't realize that there may actually be some truth to that notion and that one may have a bigger positive impact on society when being selfish rather than overly generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment