2. One moment where I felt like "giving up" was whenI realized that one of the past assignments required me to go out and interview strangers. I didn't think that I would have the time to do it, and I wasn't motivated to actually go out and ask people about something completely random for the class, primarily because I thought that no one would care and no one would be willing to talk to me. However, I was able to successfully complete the assignment and I'm glad I did because it allowed me to talk more about my business concept with those who might've been interested in what I had to offer. In certain situations, I find that I have a tenacious attitude and others, not so much. I think that this class has helped me in areas where my tenacity has been lacking, and I'm glad it has.
3. The three tips that I would offer students who take the class in future semesters would be to:
(1) Make sure to have the assignments complete on-time, as they are given in advance and are relatively straight-forward in what they ask for.
(2) If you can't do an assignment, for whatever reason, make sure to back it up with extra credit as there are many opportunities for it.
(3) Try to look at the assignments from an entrepreneurial mindset if you're struggling to see the end goal of said assignment, because it helps with the motivation to actually complete it.
Connor,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your halfway reflection because the thoughts were so similar to mine. Having to interview strangers for such a long amount of time on things they probably didn't want to discuss also made me want to give up. I agree with your three tips, especially the one about backing up assignments with extra credit. The extra credit offered in this class is very crucial. Well done with this assignment.
Connor,
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. it happened to me with certain assignments. I definitely gave up some points because the lack of time. This is why this class help to manege your time better. Also, the extra given for every homework is always saving. I like how the system works. It helps people to manage their time better
Hey Connor, I am definitely picking up what you were putting down in this post. Staying on top of assignments was an acquired skill for me, one that is absolutely necessary for success here. The other big point your made was the one about seeing the end goal. This is something that is very valuable to be able to do in real life and definitely in entrepreneurship, but not something that most classes prepare you for or teach you to do. Using that tip will help many people.
ReplyDelete