Monday, June 13, 2016

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1 (Need Awareness and Information Search)

After interviewing my three candidates, all of which came from the small-business owner segment, I came to the conclusion that they all have similar needs. Each voiced similar opinions on why they desired a stronger social media presence for their businesses, and what they were hoping to achieve through using my business concept. In regard to need awareness and information search, all were aware of their need for a social media consultation service and they had researched, at one point or another how to possibly remedy the situation they were currently faced with. I was glad to learn that these owners went through the same reasoning and thought-process as to why they decided that they needed to use the service, and this experience has only encouraged me in finding out more about what business owners need and desire from my business concept.

https://soundcloud.com/connor-harding-1/interview-1/s-WIELU
https://soundcloud.com/connor-harding-1/interview-2/s-oZHJd
https://soundcloud.com/connor-harding-1/interview-3/s-uTYVb

10 comments:

  1. Connor, I think the idea of social media consulting is very important for businesses. At this point, it is just as important as other forms of marketing with the amount of viewership that exists. I think it's really cool that you were able to find business owners that came to the conclusion of having to at least think of social media consulting. I think it is essential for a small business to have a strong social media presence. Social media consulting is definitely a way to get this done. Overall, you have a great concept, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor,

    This could work for many businesses to interact with each other. Right now, we are in the time when social media is the most common tool and the conbination of businesses and the social media can be very profitable. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Social media can be of great help to all sorts of business. This consulting firm would be very beneficial because a company would be learning how to target their specific audience. It can also prevent them from posting sensitive material. I think would be a good concept to launch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good contacts could include large companies with marketing departments who are lacking in social media presence or success. Marketing companies could include this in their services offered. Maybe an idea for ongoing business could be memberships where their initial establishment is maintained into the future in more or less frequent intervals, with different price points for different frequencies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connor,
    Great job! Social media is huge and incorporating it into businesses is a must. Interesting that the your interviewees had the same reasonings as you. That must make you feel your on the right tract. You interviews are well thought out and put together. Keep you the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is interesting how relevant social media has become in the past decade. President Obama, for instance, recognized the influence of social media and has used it to his benefit a lot during his presidency. It's great that business owners like they ones you interviewed recognize the power of social media and how using it well can make or break a business nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Connor. I love your business concept and I am excited to see how it develops over the course of the semester. First of all, I think it is very important now a days to have someone controlling the social media aspect of small and large businesses. Social media has a huge influence on everyone around us, and its important that businesses see this as well. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked how you mentioned social media and the importance and impact it can have on a business, I would be interested more on your target audience and their social media habits. Overall you have a really good concept here, and I could see myself being a customer. Interesting that you were able to predict how the interviews were going, you must be doing something right. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connor,
    I live in a small retirement town where there are plenty of small business, often run my elder people. The lack of a social media presence or falsely used accounts verify that your idea is an unmet need. The knowledge gap for most of these older business owners and operators on social media is quite large. I agree that they can at least admit they don't understand exactly how to operate social media for their business. Which makes your concept all more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In today's world, a strong social media presence is everything. It can even make or break your business. The service you are talking about is something that could benefit many many people, and could ultimately change their lives by Turing their business into a success. It takes skill of the platforms themselves along with branding, marketing, and advertising skill. If you can do that well, you could really help out a small business owner who is greatly at what he provides but does not know exactly how to get the word out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete